Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Made It in May

I feel like I have dropped off the blogging universe these last few weeks...months actually.  Things have been crazy busy at both school and home.  I really don't know how all of you rock star bloggers out there keep at it...do you ever sleep?!

Well, I'm going to try to get back on track with this short but sweet post for Monday Made It with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics.  My first Made It is a little booklet for Mother's Day that I had my kids start working on last week during writing workshop.  They finish different prompts such as...My mom is thoughtful.  She makes me feel better when she... or My mom is funny. The funniest thing she ever did was...



You can find this booklet at my TPT Store.



My second Made It has been in the making for weeks!  I have been working for quite a while on finishing a Common Core student packet for a great new book that I read called Kizzy Ann Stamps by Jeri Watts.  



It's a wonderful story about a girl who is integrated into an all-white school in the 60's. The book is packed full of great vocabulary and figurative language!  I actually started the book with my kids a week or so ago and had to just give them a partial packet.  I couldn't wait any longer to start it, because I was afraid I would run out of time.  Well, I finally finished my packet and got it in my TPT Store today!  Yay!  Just in time for the big sale!


My last item is a "Can't Wait to Make It"!  Here's a little peek at one of the reasons I have been a little (a lot!) distracted lately.  My husband and I decided to do something crazy and build a house.  We chose the worst winter ever to start this and have been waiting for four months to get started.  Hopefully today is the day!  I'm looking forward to seeing a big hole in this spot so we can finally get things moving!


Make sure you check out all the other Made Its at 4th Grade Frolics!



2 comments:

  1. I love the graphics and layout of your Mother's Day booklet. I just purchased it and can't wait to use it with my kiddos this week. I've been looking for a cute, creative, and yet simple Mother's Day project to complete as one of our writing centers this week and your Mother's Day booklet is perfect. Thanks for sharing!


    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading Kizzy Ann Stamps to the kids last week and we are already a third of the way through it. We are really enjoying her story! I haven't read ahead, so it's as much a surprise to me as it is to them. Congratulations on building a new house. I can't wait to see the progress!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete