Sunday, August 31, 2014

Classroom Reveal Part 1

Well, it only took three weeks, but I think I am finally ready for the first day of school! Truth be told, I still feel like I have a million things to do, but that's the nature of the beast, right?  Today I am just sharing one small part of my room...my teacher space.  This is what it looked like when I came back a few weeks ago...


And here we are just a few short hours (more like 150!) later...


The scary part is I got rid of my teacher desk completely!  I was a little nervous about that, but I actually feel much more organized than before.  

I bought a couple things to put behind my desk that Fletch helped me showcase a week or so ago...




I'm using the black drawers for the things I used to keep in the drawers in my desk.  The hanging files replace the hanging file drawer in my old desk, the one I call The Black Hole. Among other things I keep items in these files that I take away from students...only to be returned on the last day of school.  


The tall cart I labeled with the days of the week.  I am going to use this for my copies for the week.  

And I just had to have one of those toolboxes that you see all over Pinterest!



I am already loving this!  My desk drawers were never this organized!

You can find my Editable Toolbox Labels at my TPT Store!  


I also made a new Late Work board for my desk.  I bought an inexpensive picture frame and covered the picture that came in it with a leftover scrap of fabric from my bulletin boards and attached my sign to the frame.  Voila!  



When students have a late assignment, I write it on a little sticky note and stick it on the glass.  When they turn it in, I take the sticky note off and attach it to their paper. 

I have added the Late Work sign along with the days of the week I used on my cart to my Classroom Labels Set which is free in my TPT Store!


I'll share more of my room in the days to come, hopefully after I have gotten over my back-to-school jitters!  I am always so anxious up until that moment when my kids walk in the door.  I think I am more nervous than the students, even after all these years!  Do you still get those butterflies before your first day?


2 comments:

  1. Greetings Fellow Michigan Teacher Blogger. Your late note frame is awesome! I struggle to deal with late work. Stop by some time
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks GREAT! I love the fabric around the table. What did you use to keep it up? I wish I could get rid of my teacher desk, but three years ago they bought us all new desks when we got retrofitted with new technology. They can't be moved from their spots. Depressing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete