Timm, Jake, and I headed to New Jersey to visit with Bonny over the 4th of July, and it was a rare and wonderful opportunity for all of us to be on vacation together! One of the coolest things we saw was the High Line which is an old elevated railroad track which has been converted into a park. It really is beautiful!
We walked along this for quite a ways, part of the ten and a half miles we walked in the city that day!
Having Bonny in New Jersey for the past year gave me the opportunity to do something I never thought I would, see the fireworks in New York City! We went to Liberty State Park and watched the fireworks right across from the Freedom Tower.
It was a moving experience for me and well worth the 3/4 mile walk to the car, being completely under prepared and only bringing one blanket and no chairs, the rain that started a half hour before the fireworks were supposed to start, and the twenty minutes we huddled under the little bit of roof in front of the public bathrooms with at least fifty other people. Thankfully the rain stopped and the show went on!
This video isn't even the grand finale!
Part of the miles and miles we walked through the city was spent exploring Central Park. It's amazing that such a beautiful park is in the middle of that massive city.
We took pictures at the top of the little castle, where the sun was extremely hot and bright!
We encountered a huge family of raccoons...can you see all of them?
It's also 2 for Tuesday, so today is a great day to go shopping for some half price bargains! Need some bulletin board ideas for back to school time? These sets will help you create a couple bulletin boards that can stay up all year!
Create a bulletin board that will remind your students about close reading, annotating, and showing evidence when responding to their reading with the Close Reading Bookmark and Bulletin Board Set.
You can create an adorable helpers bulletin board with my Classroom Helpers Bulletin Board Set.
Both of these products are half off in my TPT Store today only!
Today's 2 for Tuesday is all part of It's a Whale of a Sale Week! Check out all of the week's events here, which includes the chance to enter to win a $50 gift card to TeachersPayTeachers, Target, Amazon, Starbucks, and more!
Now here's what you need to know to link up and share your Show & Tells!
1. This is a monthly linky. The idea is to “Show” up to four pictures of things from school, home, etc. and “Tell” us all about them. Created the most amazing bulletin board ever? Show & Tell us about it! Have the best seats at a Red Wings game, right next to the bench? Show & Tell us about it! Play the best game at a party with your class? Have a pet that just got the worst haircut ever? Show & Tell us about it! Only have one thing to Show & Tell about? Not a problem!
2. Product promotion will be limited to one and only if you are introducing a brand new product or sharing pictures of how you just used a product in your classroom. The focus should be on sharing, not pushing things to sell.
3. Please choose one of your Show & Tell pictures as your image for the thumbnail and type your blog name to go below the picture.
4. Use the main Show & Tell Tuesday button and link back to my post. Use the numbered Show & Tell buttons in your post to share your pictures.
5. Please leave comments on at least three other posts, including the ones before and after yours. It’s always nice to get feedback from your blogging buddies!