Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Show & Tell Tuesday - Fall is Here!

School is underway, and the first day of fall is tomorrow.  Though I wasn't ready for summer to be over, I'm definitely enjoying college football and starting out fresh with a new bunch of fifth graders!

Here are a few pics from the last month for Show & Tell!



Two of my favorite things are the lake up north and hot air balloons.  I was so excited to discover a hot air balloon event combining both of those things!  I got up at the crack of dawn a few weeks ago to hunt down the launch site over Torch Lake, and I wasn't disappointed!





With everyone back to work and school, the doodles of the Rye household have been up to a little more mischief than usual...





I love the couple of new designs I added to my set of homework folder covers for this year! 



This past week in Social Studies, I introduced the whole class to my Academic Vocabulary Game.  We will play this occasionally throughout the year to practice our vocab words, but I also offer my students the chance to play during lunch with their friends.  We call it Historian's Club.  The kids get to escape the noise of the lunchroom, come in and have lunch with some friends while they play, and then they head out to recess.  


Now here's what you need to know to link up and share your Show & Tells!

Linky Information:

1. This is a monthly linky.  The idea is to “Show” up to four pictures of things from school, home, etc. and “Tell” us all about them.  Created the most amazing bulletin board ever?  Show & Tell us about it!  Have the best seats at a Red Wings game, right next to the bench?  Show & Tell us about it!  Play the best game at a party with your class?  Have a pet that just got the worst haircut ever?  Show & Tell us about it!  Only have one thing to Show & Tell about?  Not a problem! 

2. Product promotion will be limited to one and only if you are introducing a brand new product or sharing pictures of how you just used a product in your classroom.  The focus should be on sharing, not pushing things to sell. 

3. Please choose one of your Show & Tell pictures as your image for the thumbnail and type your blog name to go below the picture. 

4.  Use the main Show & Tell Tuesday button and link back to my post.  Use the numbered Show & Tell buttons in your post to share your pictures.

5. Please leave comments on at least three other posts, including the ones before and after yours.  It's always nice to get feedback from your blogging buddies! 





5 comments:

  1. Love the hot air balloons. The pups definitely prefer summer - just like us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The balloons are beautiful and I love seeing pictures of your dogs! I will have to check out your vocabulary game because I am always looking for new ideas for that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through my bloglovin feed recommendations. I have been reading some of your posts since I am back in a 5th grade classroom this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Sports Betting Robot

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals right now & gain up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete